Ecommerce platforms can be defined as the software technologie service which provides a platform to run and build an online store. It provides the facility of developing customized store website to attract desired or target customers.
Need and Importance
What is the need of ecommerce platforms and why it has gained so much of importance in today’s world.
No one in today’s time likes to go store to store for shopping purpose even they don’t have much time to do so. Now, People prefer to shop from online stores than going store to store personally.
Ecommerce has given new trend and business idea to the entrepreneurs where they can come up with their innovative ideas. Online stores are gaining popularities these days over real world stores and are considered as more profitable when it comes to making money. Even real world stores also have their own website and online presence to cater both online and offline public.
People often says that if you are planning to have online store you need to choose the best ecommerce platform so that you run succesfull online store. But have you ever thought of it that whats makes a ecommerce platform the best one and what points merchant should kept in mind while selecting a ecommerce platform for his business.
Some key features of ecommerce platforms are mentioned below-
1) What matters alot is money, the merchant must know the exact full amount, it is going to cost if he is going to select any ecommerce platform. Ecommerce platform should not have any hidden charges which will be paid by the merchant. It makes the platform less reliable and true.
2) Payment Mode. It is one of the service of ecommerce platform to provide payment gateways and modes to the merchant. It has to safe and secure as it is one of the biggest concern of the customers.
3) How will your store look alike. It is always said that ‘first impression is the last impression’. So, ecommerce platform must offer merchant to design his store as per his choice and want. And in case, ecommerce platform is going to design it, it should be as impressive as they can make it.
4) Storage Space. Not all platforms allows all the products of merchant to place on their store, many of them have limited numbers of product allowed.
5) Ecommerce platforms must offer services like ‘inventory tracking’, ‘product shipment method’, ‘number of products’ they allow etc...
There are some open-source ecommerce platforms which are available for free. Benefits of choosing such platforms are that merchants have full control over design aspect and on other things. But merchants needs to have developers proficient with open source ecommerce platforms. Merchants have done all necessary updates, security, maintainence etc of his site.
Website are like a mirror of the company which describes its nature, work and authenticity. Designers always tries to come up with their innovation and attractive ways to design a website
ecommerce platforms has given new dimensions to the business channel and has given chance to entrepreneurs to come up with their innovative ideas. Best eCommerce platforms
To mark your presence digitally seo is an effective tool to do that. Strategized SEO helps the company to target directly their potential customer